Friday, June 22, 2007

How loud can I cry?

Still asleep my hands search for someone on the bed. "Nobody next to me, how come?"I wonder. "Amma", I call out involuntarily. No reply. "Amma", I shout. No reply. "Amma", I yell. No reply. My eyes open wide; new ceiling, new windows, ahh, the sun strikes me in a new manner. Where am I? It then strikes me like a thud, I was the one who left home, I came away from there, to this, this new place. Sun back home was milder, it never felt cold so often. I look for my phone frantically, oh, I don't have one here. I need to buy one. What do I eat, I never thought of that. I run into the kitchen looking for something familiar, I still search for my ground, when I know it is a new ground. I feel no hunger. I can't feel, I need to stop feeling, because if I do, I shall cry. I shall surrender to this new ground and then I shall not remain.
But I still cry, cry out loud, "Amma", such that no one can hear. I am scared of people wanting to sue me for interrupting their personal space. That's all that my cries are worth, but I chose it.

No comments: